Wednesday 15 April 2020

Hang on


In Bondi train station my parents and I were waiting for a train.  
I was listening to some music on my headphones when the train pulled up. 
I didn’t notice that my mum and dad had hopped onto the train because I
was too distracted with my sounds.  
Suddenly I noticed my dad calling and waving at me as the train departed. 
I started running toward the train - “Mum!” “Dad!” I screamed.  
I managed to get a grip on the door handle as my feet flew off the ground
and I was zooming through the air hanging from the train.  
My parents looked terrified and as I looked ahead I could see we were
heading towards a tunnel.  I was freaking out! I didn’t want to get squashed.
Luckily my dad managed to pull me inside to safety just before the train
went into the tunnel.  

I felt so relieved that I was not killed or squashed like a bug.  My heart was
beating so fast that I collapsed onto the floor. My parents crowded around me to see if I was okay. 
My mum was crying her eyes out, she was so thankful that I was uninjured.  I was so glad to be alive and will not wear my headphones around trains or traffic anymore, I have learnt my lesson!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Finley. Thanks for posting your awesome story on your blog. I love how you set the scene, described the situation and your feelings and how there was a lesson learnt at the end. Some great WOW words used to to add interest like distracted, departed, zooming, terrified, squashed, collapsed. I look forward to reading some more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Finley, I agree with Miss OShea, awesome piece of writing, a great use of different vocabulary to create mood and atmosphere, I hope this story wasn't based on a real life experience....?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.