Tuesday 18 August 2020

Sick Sentences

 

Dear Mum and Dad it's Finley here on my icy adventure to explore Antarctica.
Today I woke up with a shudder and heard a loud screeching noise in my ears. I lept out of bed and put on my snow boots and warm gear then ran up to the deck of our ship to see what was going on.
The air outside was freezing against my face and I could feel my lips shivering and my breath was making cold frosty air when I breathed.  I looked over the side of the ship and could see that we had crashed into a huge iceberg.  We are stuck in the middle on nowhere!  The captain announced we could not go any further because our ship is wedged in tight and we will have to be rescued.  It is going to take 10 days for the rescue boat to arrive so we are stuck here for 10 freezing cold icy days.
After we all calmed down we decided to hop off the ship and take a walk on the ice.  The ice was hard like concrete and really slippery.  It was creaking with each step that I took.  I felt so tiny on the ice as far as I could see was white ice and frosty skies.  It made me feel so lonely and homesick.
I decided to go back to the ship and hop in my warm cabin with a cup of Milo to warm up my freezing bones and frozen toes.
Love Finley

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Finley. What an amazing job you have done here. You have really described the situation with great detail and description. I like how you made it like a letter home. Reminds me of Ernest Shackleton's adventure to the South Antarctic. I wonder if he wrote a letter home like this to his mum and dad?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.